Monday, June 20, 2011

Insanity 60 Day Challenge! Day 5!

Im finding it hard to be witty and interesting with my daily blogs. However, I want a record of each day of the challenge, so that when all is said and done, I can look back and see how far Ive come.

My scheduled work out for today just happened to be Pure Cardio. Minus the Abs that I did yesterday. Silly me. Why didnt I look at my handy dandy calendar when I chose Pure Cardio to sub in for the Recovery disc yesterday?
Anyway, I went for it with guns blazing today. I want results. I really, truly gave todays work out everything I had. But, my upper body strength is a joke. Which is irritating, because if you know me, you know how much I love Kettlebells. But, for the life of me, I can not do push ups. And, I am telling you, I try. In the time it takes Shaun T and his army of rockin bodies to jump into plank, bang out 8 push ups, sprint, and jump back down into planks....Im still trying to do 1 push up in proper form. But, you know what? Ill never get there if I dont keep trying. I imagine myself as the Little Train That Could. Im chugging along, determined to get there one day. And I will. As pathetically slow as my push up progress is, I will do push ups sooner or later!
To my fellow INSANE members...my favorite move of this work out is the pedal. SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT! LUUUUUNGE! SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT! LUUUUUNGE! I love it, lol.
But, the best part of this whole work out? The end, when Shaun T drops on his back on the floor, and says "this shit is BANANAS!". Yes, Shaun T, you are correct.

1 comment:

  1. You really are an inspiration! I do pushups on my knees...but I suppose that's better than nothing! You go girl, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete