Sunday, June 19, 2011

INSANITY! Day 3

Sorry I didnt blog my Day 3 work out yesterday, folks. My 2 year old really stuck it to me yesterday and was wiiiiide awake until the wee hours of the morning. It was not a fun night :-p

Before I dove into the INSANITY challenge, I either ran when I could have someone watch the kiddo's, or I did my video workouts after the kids went to bed (Kettleworx or a wide variety of Jillian Micheal's). I learned FAST that I can not do these Insanity workouts after they go to bed. First of all, they are somewhat long, in comparison to what I was used to. And, Im WAY too keyed up after the work out to head to bed shortly after. And, Im a budding extreme couponer, and I need that time before bed to clip and organize ;-)
*By the way, I am not giving up running. I am doing this challenge to make me better*

So, Saturday was my Cardio Power and Resistance day. 
Still, the warm up has me taking water breaks, and leaves me in puddles of sweat. The warm up is followed by intense stretching, then a water break before the Insane workout. 
To be perfectly honest, I don't even know where to begin with the different exercises in this DVD. There was a lot of cardio. A lot of lower body work. A lot of upper body work. I cant even keep up, lol. 
My thoughts so far? I wish I took measurements of myself before I began this work out. I didnt. I also need to be clear that I havent been counting calories. I dont eat meat or dairy. I do have "bad" snacks sometimes. I also cant do these workouts with out taking breaks. I dont mind this so much. I see it like this: more value for my dollar. I have a long way to go before I master this set. Its a challenge, and I am a work in progress. 
I absolutely recommend this work out. You need to be willing to make a lifestyle change, however. This isnt a magic solution for laziness or someone who wants to hurry and lose a few pounds. This is for someone who is committed to being a healthier, better person, and isnt afraid to work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment