Friday, June 24, 2011

Insanity 60 Day Challenge- Week 2; Days 1 and 2

Ive learned a few things the past 2 days of my Insanity work out:
1.) Im stronger than I think I am. Mentally and physically. I keep pushing, and pushing, and surprise myself with every work out with how much longer I last, and how much more I can do. I was completely ELATED that I managed to do PUSH UPS yesterday! Never ever ever give up! You are only as strong as you think you are!
2.) When you set a goal, you need to fully intend on achieving the goal. Life always happens, and your plans will not always fall into place. But you need to take detours to reach said goal. For example, Emma has been sick for several days, and Eli hasnt been sleeping well, and I am running on mom fumes. My house is a mess, my life is in disarray, but I am serious about finishing this challenge, so NO EXCUSES. No one is going to hold my hand and help me get where I need to be. I need to stay focused and on track. And it wont be easy.
3.) Living a healthy lifestyle is crucial, if you want to be fit and happy. Exercise just needs to be part of daily life, just like eating and breathing. Working out, to get to a certain weight, or pants size, then slacking off when you reached your goal, sets a person up for a lifetime of yo yo-ing and disappointment. And diets dont work, Let me repeat that...diets dont work. It HAS to be a LIFESTYLE change. And the person has to be ready. It needs to click. It needs to be an "aha" moment (throw back to Oprah). Im so at peace with myself now that I understand these things. My body isnt perfect. But thats OK. Im a work in progress. Thats realistic. But I dont deprive myself. Because I can do what I want in moderation.

My workouts for week two have been great. And I see and feel results. Unfortunately, I still havent done measurements. Chris has the measuring tape, and I havent seen him all week :-(  I weighed myself this morning, and I am down 4 lbs. But my success so far is so much more than that. The challenges of these work outs are huge. And the fact I am meeting them with everything Ive got, and learning so much along the way, is worth so much more.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog!!!Glad you are seeing results - it makes all the exercising worth while when you can notice it :)

    ReplyDelete